Saturday 10 April 2010

Hour 13: Update and survey



Title of book(s) read since last update: Music and Silence.
Number of books read since you started: 1.
Pages read since last update: 201.
Running total of pages read since you started: 450.
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 2 hours 30 minutes.
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 6 hours 10 minutes.
Mini-challenges completed: The intro one, the nominees, book title sentence and the song one.
Other participants you’ve visited: None this round, I've been on full reading mode.
Prizes you’ve won: One, the soundtrack one.


And now a Mid-Event Survey from Dewey's Read-a-thon:
1. What are you reading right now? I'm well into the second half of Music and Silence.
2. How many books have you read so far? Only one.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Mark Sable's Unthinkable. It'll be quite a change of pacing.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? No, I had the day off anyway.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Many, from football matches to Channel 4's Greatest Comedy Stand-Ups, I'm easily distracted.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much people blog - and they still have time to read!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really, I think it's a pretty smooth ride as it is.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I'd prepare better, pre-event wise.
9. Are you getting tired yet? A bit. I might need a power nap.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? I found that having some good, moody music helps, at least it does me - I've had BBC Radio 3 on all day and it really puts me in a reading frame of mind.

6 comments:

  1. I'm here to CHEER you on! Keep reading! you can do it!! WOO! (power naps ARE great.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS~ You won a mini-challenge! That's great!!! XD

    And, I'm hoping you're enjoying your book. ;) What we love about the Read-a-Thon, after all, is that it's all fun and games, and no one gets hurt. < wink wink > XDD

    Just keep enjoying yourself, and remember: no pressure! :)

    Kihana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats about the challenge. You've got wonderful stats about your readathon. I'm kind of jealous. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the Soundtrack Song mini-challenge! Enjoy the rest of the 'thon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are doing great. I just stopped by to cheer you on and share my Read-A-Thon poem.

    If I could have one wish,
    I know what I would say.
    Just give me my books,
    And let me read all day.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep going! Just a few hours left! Hope you have been enjoying the readathon!

    ReplyDelete