Sunday 11 April 2010

Read-a-thon: The End




Title of book(s) read since last update: Tamburlaine Must Die.
Number of books read since you started: 3 and 3/4.
Pages read since last update: 99.
Running total of pages read since you started: 878.
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 1 hour 35 minutes.
Running total of time spent reading since you started: 11 hours 40 minutes.
Mini-challenges completed: The intro one, the nominees, book title sentence and the song one, and one in comments, I can't remember which (it was late, my mind was drifting).
Other participants you’ve visited: I've been out of the house for the last hours, I'll be sure to catch how everybody did.
Prizes you’ve won: One, the soundtrack one.

And now the final survey from Dewey's Read-a-thon:

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Around 17-18. I was SO sleepy.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I've been reading Blissett's Q lately and that's one page-turner. Also, Virginia Woolf's Orlando I think would be perfect for this kind of situation
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I would like to have more mini-challenges, but maybe that's just me and I like to be distracted.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The mini-challenges, they were a treat.
5. How many books did you read? 3 and 3/4 of another.
6. What were the names of the books you read? The Magic Apple Tree, Music and Silence, Unthinkable (graphic novel) and Tamburlaine Must Die.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Music and Silence, hands down.
8. Which did you enjoy least? The Magic Apple Tree, it wasn't a good night opener, the writining wasn't sharo enough.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I wasn't a cheerleader - I loved seeing their comments on my blog.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'm almost 100% I will do the Read-a-thon again, I really enjoyed the challenge. As a Reader.

1 comment: